Please see our installation requirements and before using the steps listed below.
Also, we are more than happy to handle the installation and configuration process for you.
This normally results in a simpler and easier process for you. Give us a call at 1-877-615-9541.
1. See our Current Windows Compatibility Requirement Details
2. You will need to have a current CROSS Library Subscription in order to download and install the latest version. If your subscription has lapsed, you may order the CROSS Library Subscription (1 Year) at our Secure Online Store
NOTE: Your user account must have administrative authority (or be able to elevate) in order to do the following steps. This means that you might need your administrative password (for Vista and newer versions of Windows).
1. First, please uninstall any Java versions currently installed on your system found under ‘Control Panel/Uninstall a Program’ or ‘Control Panel/Programs and Features’, or ‘Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs’ depending on your Windows version.
Q: Why is this important? A: When installing CROSS Library, we currently recommend that you uninstall ANY PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED Java versions to avoid Java version conflicts. (This especially concerns newer versions of Java (especially Java 8 releases) which override any Java we deploy in our installer package. All of our testing is done using the specific Java version we deploy, and at this time we cannot guarantee stability if other Java versions are present on the system.) Uninstalling older Java versions reduces the possibility of previously-installed CROSS software from interfering with our current version of the software. Removing multiple versions of Java saves disk space on your computer and helps your computer to run faster.
2. Save the Current CROSS Library Installer to your desktop. When the download completes, you need to Run (or Open) depending on your internet browser prompt. You must allow it to run. You will need to click the “Install” button on two install wizards during the process. Alternate link — Only use this if the link above fails to download
3. Extra step NECESSARY (as of 3/24/2017 until our next update): There are a few missing files in our latest update.
Please download and run the following file to resolve this issue:
4. UNBLOCK INSTALLER (so required permissions are available): Right-click the download file and select ‘Open Containing Folder’, then right-click the file and select Properties. Find the Security notice for downloaded web content and click the ‘UNBLOCK’ button. This allows Windows to run the installer with the required priviliges. See Unblock in properties window example.
5. FIREWALL CHECK: Your Windows Firewall should be enabled during installation. Other firewalls should be turned off. (Details: If you have any firewall software installed OTHER THAN the Windows Firewall, you should usually disable those and re-enable the Windows Firewall using the Windows Firewall icon in Control Panel. (Having another firewall enabled can cause our installers to fail as our installer cannot configure all of the various firewalls correctly. Our installer is designed to correctly register itself into the Windows Firewall.) Some firewall software will play nice with applications and will allow you to ‘Always Allow’ or ‘Remember the setting’ when you click ‘Allow’, etc. These options should be sufficient to allow our software to operate normally.)
Note: The installation process may take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes depending on your system and various factors–please be patient. At times a prompt may hide behind the install wizard. You may wish to minimize the install wizard window in order to check for that possibility. You will be prompted to select ‘Single Computer / Client Mode’ or ‘Network Mode’ IMPORTANT: ONLY ‘Single Computer‘ mode is supported at this time. If you click ‘Network Mode’, you will need to reinstall again in order to repair the setting.
6. (Optional: Usually needed when moving from another computer) You may need to restore a backup from a FlashDrive or your Internet account. You may do so using ‘File/Restore .L17 file/from Disk…’ or ‘File/Restore .L17 file/from Internet…’
7. (First time users only) CREATE A NEW DATABASE
Note: If you are a first-time user, you must use ‘File/New (Library Database)’ option on the Library 1.7 menu bar to create your first database.
You may enter the name of your library when prompted. This name displays on reports, book labels, as well as on the main screen of the software.
Please keep the default file name shown on your screen. There is no need to change that field. When you click OK, the new database is created, and you may enter your first record–even if it is a test record.
8. (Important) With your main database open, configure the default database by clicking ‘Help/Web Links/Use this as the default database’
9. (Optional: Needed if other users on this computer need to access the CROSS Library software) You may grant rights to any other Windows User Accounts that need access to CROSS Library on this computer using the ‘CROSS Library Helper’ cube-like icon in the System Tray (Notification Area) where the date and time are usually displayed. Right-click the ‘CROSS Library Helper’ icon, select ‘Admin/Advanced/Grant Required Access for Windows Limited User Accounts’ and wait for the system to display the prompt. It normally takes from 5 to 20 seconds, so be patient. When the screen displays, enter one user name and click OK to configure that user. Wait for the SUCCESS prompt. Repeat this process for each user that needs access.
10. If everything seems to be working fine, we recommend that you delete the installer that you downloaded in Step #1. You will want to download the latest installer from our website if you reinstall at a later date. This allows you to pick up all of our improvements, compatibility updates, etc. that we have made during the meantime.
11: (Optional) CONFIGURE LIBRARY 1.7 TO NOT AUTO-LAUNCH AT STARTUP, IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO OPEN IT MANUALLY WHEN NEEDED.
How to disable auto launching at startup, if desired.
(Information and links beyond this point should not be used except by CROSS Support Personnel):
Manual Link for Installing Microsoft Windows Service Packs:
If you have trouble installing or updating Java, we have found that at times this helps. Error 1714 often results due to (un)installer registry keys getting misconfigured relating to Java (in this case). The following utility is from Microsoft to help you resolve these issues. We recommend the automatic detection resolution method found in the following utility.
Microsoft Install / Uninstall Repair Utility
NOTE: If you use the manual mode in the above utility, you will need to select whether you are having an Install or Uninstall problem, then select the Software package with difficulty (Java in this case), and take the defaults from there.
Note: If you are using our smaller downloads found on our Old Download Page, you will need to verify that your system has the latest Java installed. This is currently a requirement for only our smaller installers which do not include Java with the installer. See Install the Latest Java to update or install the latest Java for your system. The install links found on this page include Java require no additional steps to install or configure it.